Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weird Fact Wednesday!! (How Excited Are You?)

When I was ten years old (I think. Mom? Confirm?) I broke my wrist.

Ha! Not weird!

Here's the weird part. I broke my wrist because I was trying to re-enact a scene from The Princess Bride. You know, the scene when Wesley and Inigo are fencing, and Wesley throws his sword into the sand below, then leaps onto the convieniently placed tree branch and performs several revolutions before landing on his feet and extracting his sword from the sand? Yeah, I tried to do that on some not so conveniently placed monkey bars. Didn't work out so well for me. (Don't even pretend you didn't try it, too.)
I'm also not so sure I ever told my parents that truth about that. I was pretty sure they would be mad. Guess I'll find out now.

Your turn!




2 comments:

  1. Is it a weird fact that I hadn't seen Princess Bride before three years ago? Actually, I think that's more a sad fact.

    (I stumbled here from the Absolute Write forums, just thought I'd say hi!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not weird, but you were definitely missing out! My husband refuses to watch the movie with me because I know it word for word and recite it - which I admit is a really annoying habit!

    Thanks for stopping by! I'll look for you on AW!

    ReplyDelete