Tuesday, August 5, 2008

For Christ's Sake, Eat a Cheeseburger

I am all about being healthy, being in shape, looking good and making my best attempt to never be overweight.

I accomplish this through exercise and being careful about what I eat.

I do not starve myself. I do not vomit on cue. I do not kill myself in an attempt to burn every single calorie I consume in a day. I have been known to scarf down an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in one sitting.

My fitness idols are Gwen Stefani (because, hello, how hot is she?) and Scarlett Johansen (she has the ultimate body and swears she eats crap and never exercises).

So jealous I could spit.

I do understand the pressure that women feel due to our societal ideal. (See above references, and add your own skinny, buff idols to the mix.)

However, I do have a request for all the young women who are starving themselves, vomiting on cue, or killing themselves in an attempt to burn every single calorie they consume in a day. This request is especially dedicated to the chick I saw jogging this morning, since I could count her ribs and see her thighbones:

Please, for the love of Christ or whomever it is that you worship, eat a goddamn cheeseburger.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when girls starve themselves in the name of being pretty. I just shake my head. The whole counting calories just isn't my thing either. But I do eat heathy and I take a walk with my dog almost every night. I walk more so for the dog, because she likes it but I figured it couldn't hurt me.

    And yes, Scarlett Johansen is a freak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment ... great to hear from a fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete