Friday, August 8, 2008

The Study

Intro: When I suffered my quarter-life crisis, packed everything I could into my Saturn and drove 1400 miles to South Florida, Tracy and Rob Miller were who I drove to. Tracy had been a friend since high school and the Hopewell Bakery days, and she and her husband provided refuge when I had nowhere else to go. For those who know Tracy and Rob, they will understand why I still refer to their home as The Miller Halfway House For Wayward Travelers.

Me: She hung up on me.

Tracy: Who?

Me: My mother. She claims that the cordless phone died and that she needed to go use the phone in the study, but I think she found a clever way to avoid my question - gave herself time to think of a cover story.

Tracy: Wait a second, the study? What, do your parents live in the Clue mansion?



No comments:

Post a Comment