Saturday, November 1, 2008

Oh Strange Subconscious

What is it, I wonder, that makes us all of a sudden think of people and places that have been removed from our lives for a long, long time?

Last night, I had a dream involving the following people and places:
  • Jessie Vanderslice - high school friend whom I have not heard from in over 8 years
  • Boston - where I haven't lived for over 8 years and haven't visited in over a year
  • Billy, Pat, and Danny Taylor - family friends whom I haven't seen in well over 8 years

The dream also involved a frantic dash to the airport, a great deal of rain, ill-fitting pants, Starbucks (which kept changing locations so that I could not find it and give in to my peppermint white mocha craving), a very nice Mercedes, a luxurious department store, the Green and Red lines of the Boston "T" system, and Disney World disguised as a Swiss mountain village.

It's really better if you don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment