Sunday, February 22, 2009

Have You Always Been an Ass or is My Medication Wearing Off?

Two years ago I made a visit to the doctor because I was feeling particularly snippy.

The conversation went a little something like this:

"I have a hard time dealing with stress."

"Are you unhappy?"

"Not especially."


"Do you feel suicidal?"

"No."

Scribbling on pad.

"Here, try this."

Humph.

Wish I would have looked into this a bit more because two years later it turns out that my body has become dependent upon the single most addictive anti-depressent known to medicine.

And now that I have decided I no longer want to take it?

I'm down to taking said medication every three days instead of every day.

It would probably be easier to start and stop a heroin addiction.

In all fairness, the withdrawal effects could be worse.

The longer I am off the meds, the dizzier I get.

Oh, and then there's the fact that everyone in my world seems to have turned into an asshole.

So much so that I have lately found myself wondering, "Why did I ever talk to this person?"

I'm sure this perception is skewed.

I'm sure this is simply another withdrawal symptom.

I'm sure that these people were always assholes, and the lack of medication makes me less able to cope with their asshole-ness.

I'm seriously considering the heroin thing.

1 comment:

  1. Poor you. I took Seroxat for PND after son born (14yrs ago eek!) Wish I hadn't as the withdrawal was brutal. In the end I went cold turkey and felt bad for a week rather than the slow version over weeks. When I got PND with daughter I just soldiered on. No way did I want to got through anything like that again.

    Hope the assholes get smaller :-)

    ReplyDelete