Sunday, January 18, 2009

We Got A Wii

Yes. Tim and I have joined the masses. We finally purchased a Wii, after 2 weeks of trying to find one.

Here's how most of my conversations went with salespeople over the past 2 weeks:

[Polite and bubbly sales associate]: Thank you for calling Best Buy, this is Polite and Bubbly Sales Associate, how may I help you today?

[Me. Friendly and Equally Polite]: Hi! Do you have any Wii in stock?

[Instantly Grumpy and Irritated Sales Associate]: No.

I had about 12 of those conversations yesterday, and then this happened:

[Polite and bubbly sales associate]: Thank you for calling GameStop, where we buy, sell and trade used games,this is Polite and Bubbly Sales Associate, how may I help you today?

[Me. Friendly and Equally Polite]: Hi! Do you have any Wii in stock?

[Still Polite and Bubbly Sales Associate]: I have one left.

[Me. Shocked and Gasping for air]: Seriously? Can you hold it for me?

[Hesitant and Wary Sales Associate]: For how long?

[Me. Still Shocked and Gasping for air]: I can be there in 15 minutes.

So we have a Wii. And it might just ruin my life. Between 7PM last night and 1AM this morning, Tim and I played about 80 frames of bowling, 9 holes of golf and roughly 502 tennis matches.

Here's what I should accomplish today: (Keep in mind that some of these things should have been accomplished yesterday.)
  • Laundry


  • Increase word count on WIP


  • Post first chapter of WIP on WB


  • Work on website


  • Yoga


  • Make dinner
Here's what I will probably accomplish today:

502 more tennis matches and a few boxing rounds.

God Bless America.

1 comment:

  1. Nanci-
    I really think our Wii is going to help me through my current ordeal. I can excercise without going anywhere.

    Emily beats me at everything, even before I went on the rehab train. She bowls around 255 to my 140 and she usually knocks me out on the boxing match thing. The only thing I can do on Wii worthy of mention is hit the baseball but that was pretty much a given. Whenever I mention playing that she groans. After I hit a few into the stands her pitching arm hurts and she wants to bowl.

    Keep in touch lady. I had a lot to say to you about all of our in-common things but then this little detour took me for a ride. I'll be back but don't hesitate to e-mail me.

    Tony (norm)

    ReplyDelete