Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Resignation Letter

Dear Adult World:

It is with reluctance that I’m submitting this letter.

Although my time as an adult has been, on the whole, satisfying and productive, for quite a while now I have become less and less satisfied with adulthood.

It was wonderful for a little while: being in a bar without a faked or stolen ID; sleeping as long as I damn well pleased on Saturday mornings; never making my bed; no one telling me what I couldn't do; decorating my apartment to my liking; owning exotic pets; eating dinner while watching TV.

However, I find that I was not adequately prepared for the stress that accompanied the freedom, the obligations that go hand in hand with the privilege. I find myself calling to mind the words of the Uncle of a great superhero: "With great power, comes great responsibility."

It would appear that I do not have the adequate skills necessary to handle the power of adulthood.

With the current state of the economy, my lack of a six-figure salary, and my selfish desire for free time and leisure, it increasingly difficult for me to feel that I’m contributing sufficiently.

Therefore, it is with regret that I ask you to accept this as my resignation from adulthood effective immediately.

If you would be so kind as to forward any and all correspondence to "3rd Cardboard Box From The Curb, Somewhere in Coconut Creek, Florida" as I will most likely need it for kindling, food, flooring, or paper airplanes.

Sincerely,

Nanci Block

2 comments:

  1. I like what you have here...or rather what I can read of what you have here...the pickle tree logo is simple in the way of the words and makes it hard work...Hints on how to get rid of/read round it would be gratefully receeived

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, the logo will overlap if the screen is too small. It is designed for 1024 resolution. If you can enlarge the screen, that will help, if not, grabbing the RSS feed and reading it outside of the design will work: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThePickleTree

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete